Saturday, August 15, 2009

can't think of a good title




images: 1. Jil Sander spring 2008 rtw via style.com 2. Halston spring 2008 via lamodelsblog.com 3. the famous Hermes box via google 4. Miu Miu via net-a-porter.com 5. Lanvin spring 2008 rtw 6. Tory Burch's dressing room via thepeakofchic.blogspot.com 7. pretty peach colored flower...unknown source 8. gorgeous caned chair with orange cushion...unknown source
Let me start out by saying that orange has never been one of my favorite colors -- for the most part I think bold oranges look too harsh on me, wash me out, etc; however, when the design is right, orange can be a beautiful, pleasing color. I mean, if I could afford them, I'd love to wear the Halston and Lanvin dresses...and I believe they would look stunning. I guess, for me, it's just a tricky color that demands a very beautiful design in order to look good. It's definitely not your basic black. On a side note, when it comes to interior design, I adore light oranges and peaches, particularly as accent colors.

10 comments:

  1. I love the look of the first pic! very classy yet freaky.. lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, orange is one of my least favorite colors...but these aren't actually that bad! I really kind of like them, especially that dress! Nice post,

    xox, mavi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost bought that Miu Miu bag when I was in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange can deffo be hard to pull off, but it can also look amazing. Love the Jill Sander image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those colors too! Especially on the first 2 pictures!
    X, fashion-nerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm i'm really liking this... seems like aperfect palette to transition into the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think orange is a very tricky color for a lot of people, and if you have any extra weight on you it's going to show (I should know, I look like pumpkin). That said I agree; I think that a little orange or brown-orange (I'm sure there's a word for that) or peach/choral can make something dull look interesting or something interesting look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wooow amazing colour....a colour you don't see people wearing enough i think

    ReplyDelete
  9. im definitely in love with that orange color right now, its just so warm and beautiful
    great picks

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment. xx