Wednesday, September 16, 2009

as though the ocean




images: (I warn -- many I saved a long, long time ago without credits. My sincere apologies.) 1. Clemence Poesy in a Chloe ad via clemence-poesy.org 2. Daniel Farmer photography 3. love the linear look of the flowers and frames, unknown 4. symmetry pleases the eye, unknown 5. a jewelry chandelier...genius, unknown. 6. this house looks so welcoming, unknown 7. fun masks...very New Orleans, unknown 8. beautiful mosaic bench and styling, unknown
I try hard to post photos that I have saved with credits, but my desire to credit appropriately leaves some amazing photos out of this blog and only to be enjoyed by my eyes (a sad, sad thing)...so I wanted to do a post of many "unknowns." Enjoy.
Also, I am currently reading Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea (1952). It's a wonderful book so far, and just last night I came across a beautiful quote. Here it is:
"...as though the ocean were making love with something under a yellow blanket..." Only Hemingway. Beautiful.

9 comments:

  1. clemence poseyyyy <3
    i just love that frecnh girl
    her eyes in the chloe campaign were so gentle and angelic.
    i cant wait till the next harry potter movie comes outt
    so many bloggers enjoy reading books. HAHAHA
    i think i should start reading some, i'm so slack with my studies this year. maybe alice in wonderland would be a great book to read?

    x cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last pic with the couch is so gorgeous in ways i can't explain

    myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, I especially love the masks =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are so inspiring... lovely
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. New follower to your blog and loving every ornate second of it so far!

    These pictures work together to seamlessly, I really enjoy how the convey a sense of message without saying a word (just like a proper outfit)! I'm a big fan of Hemingway's eloquence though I haven't picked up "The Man and the Sea" yet, you're certainly making me want.

    Enjoyed how you tied in Hemingway's colorful writing with the mosaic of images!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment. xx