Monday, November 9, 2009

people always clap for the wrong things


images: 1. the sartorialist 2. google

Hands down, one of my favorite books. The Catcher in the Rye is packed with provoking passages, tragic thoughts, and iconic imagery. Holden Caulfield is so real, there really is no other way to put it. Some favorite words from the novel:

"People never notice anything."
"It's terrible to be just in your pajamas when something like that happens."
"If somebody knows quite a lot about things, it takes you quite a while to find out whether they're really stupid or not."
"Then she left. The navy guy and I told each other we were glad to've met each other. Which always kills me. I'm always saying, "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff though."
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."

7 comments:

  1. Love this post as CITR is one of my favorite books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The book is Wow!
    Come check the new stunning posts ^^

    @ MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog.
    I'm going follow you know.
    My blog is http://trendy-or-die.blogspot.com/
    I hope you like =)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the photo of that guy in one of my posts.So cute! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember I wrote down the last sentence the time I read it. It's genius! The whole book is quite funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "In my mind, I'm probably the biggest sex maniac you ever saw." The Catcher in the Rye

    best book ever... wish i owned that shirt. man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the greatest books. I've been meaning to re-read it recently actually. great post. That shirt is amazing, i want one!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment. xx