Thursday, August 12, 2010

in a nutshell


I'd like to think that I can appreciate most design styles - modern, traditional, eclectic, shabby chic, art deco, rustic, and on and on; however, we are all, of course, drawn to certain looks/moods. Though I'm still not sure how to define mine in words, this photo captures my aesthetic more than any other photo. Ever. Perhaps that will change over time, but ever since I laid eyes on this bedroom about two years ago - it was love at first sight - it has stayed with me. Can't get it out of my head. Designed by the amazing Alberto Pinto, I admit that I've never seen any more photos/views of this bedroom. This little snapshot is all I have. But it is all I need. The soft colors, the luxurious fabrics, the proportions and scale...it is all just perfect (minus, of course, the electrical outlet and cord...I know I am nitpicking, but I can't help but notice it and wish it weren't there!) In fact, I don't even want to see the whole room, for it can't get better than this, can it?

3 comments:

  1. oh this is fabulous

    http://minnja.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. crazy how this small photos really gives you a feel of the enitre room! So galmourous

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment. xx